For years my husband and I have talked about going on a trip with friends. It’s hard to find the time and to make it work with everyone’s schedules and budgets. One night a friend of ours asked if I would look into planning a trip and of course I jumped right on it. (Something I hope to offer here on Voluntown Housewife…..) I honestly love planning and looking into new destinations so much that I didn’t mind one bit.
I came across Paradisus La Perla in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. To be honest I had never heard of the hotel or the brand before but it had great reviews and the price looked great. I was very nervous about traveling to Mexico with all the travel advisories but we decided to go for it. I am very happy we did. You need to aware of your surroundings just be smart. We never left the resort and we had a great time.
The hotel was AMAZING. We were greeted with cocktails and received an upgraded room. You know when you look at a hotel online and of course they post perfect pictures that are just flawless but when you arrive the room is nice and so is the resort but doesn’t look like the photos? The Paradisus La Perla was the first hotel that I felt like I was walking into a photo.
Here are some of the pros:
- The resort was clean actually it was spotless.
- There was plenty of staff.
- The service was spot on. Everyone was so happy and accommodating.
- The food was the best all inclusive food I have ever had.
- The beach was very clean.
- There was plenty of things to do at the resort.
- I thought the frozen and mixed drinks had an artificial sugar flavor that I wasn’t a huge fan of but there were plenty of drinks that I found that I enjoyed.
- You did have to wait a while at the pool and beach bars for a drink but it wasn’t excessive and it definitely didn’t damper our time.
- The tipping can get to be a bit much but I also didn’t go prepared with enough singles.
- You do have to reserve your pool chairs or beach chairs early before 8:30am. They do fill up fast.
If you visit here are a few things you don’t want to miss:
- Dinner at La Palapa was incredible so be sure to make reservations.
- Make your dinner reservations ASAP so you can enjoy the dinning experiences of your choice.
- I believe it’s Saturday night that they have a violinist. He is a must see. He played pop music and we honestly could have sat there all night and listened to him. We were bummed he only played one night.
- I didn’t attend but the men in our group went to the cigar making class and they really enjoyed it.
Follow me on instagram and be sure to share all of your travels with me using the hashtag #vthwtravels