We all have memories of our childhood and warm snickerdoodles out of my grandmother’s oven happens to be one of mine. When I got married my mother had my grandmother write down some of her “famous” recipes and I am so grateful she did. Not only can my kids enjoy the same goodies I did but I get to look at a beautiful handwritten recipe. Who knew looking at someones handwriting could touch my heart! I hope you enjoy these delish cookies as much as we do!
My Grandmother’s Snickerdoodles
Bake: 375 degrees for about 9mins
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1/2 cup Butter (softened)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 3/4 cups Flour
1 Teaspoon Cream of Tarter
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1. In a large bowl combine the first four ingredients and blend well.
2. Stir in flour, cream of tarter, baking soda, salt and blend well.
3. Combine 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and 2 Tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl and mix well.
4. Using a 1/2 Tablespoon measuring spoon scoop a heaping spoon full of dough and roll into a ball.
5. Roll the balls in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
6. Place the balls two inches apart onto a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for about 9 mins.
7. ENJOY !!!!