I am so excited to announce that Voluntown Housewife was nominated for the Liebster Award! Things really seem to be heating up here! I can’t believe that sharing my stories and the things I love are getting the blog noticed in the blogging world. Awesome, right?!
First I want to thank Jessie from Alternative Control for the nomination.
You may be asking yourself what is a Liebster Award. A Liebster Award is an award that is given to new bloggers by other bloggers. Part of the nomination is to spread the love and nominate other bloggers that you feel deserve the award. It’s great to be recognized by your peers!
Here are the 10 blogs/bloggers that I have nominated! Please spread some love and joy and stop by and visit their sites! I’m sure they would appreciate the love!
I was asked to answer 10 questions so here they are……….
1. Why did you get into blogging?
I got into blogging because I needed something to call my own. I needed a way to tie all of my passions together. I love sharing my stories! Blogging helps me to stay creative while being in the same four walls everyday!
2. What inspires you to write?
All kinds of things inspire me but I have to say I was inspired to write when I was young. I had the best 3rd grade teacher, she encouraged and pushed us to write and I am forever grateful that she did.
3. Who was your favorite musician or band when you were 12?
Oh gosh! Believe it or not when I was 12 I saw the Phantom of the Opera for the first time and I was in love! Weird, right? But it inspired my love for Opera! Not many people listen or appreciate Opera but it warms my soul! I loved it then and I love it now!
4. What music have you been listening to lately?
I listen to a lot of celtic instrumental. I have been spending a lot of time blogging and celtic instrumental reminds me of everything I love!
5. If you could write for any publication aside from your own blog, which one would it be and why?
I really enjoy The Mabelhood. I think I could offer some great content. I love reading the “mom moments” and I have a few of my own that I would love to add!
6. Which social media platform do you like best and why?
I enjoy Instagram. I think I enjoy it so much because it really gives you a “through my eyes” feel. You get a glimpse of what others find beautiful.
7. What’s the best concert you’ve ever been to?
Aerosmith and Lenny Kravitz
8. What is the best dish you cook?
Well, if you ask my husband he will tell you he’s never had the same thing twice, which is not true. I do tend to mix things up a lot. I would have to say one of the best dishes I make would be my Reuben Stromboli. It’s really yummy!
9. What are your top three favorite books of all time?
10. What are you dressing up as for Halloween?
I’m going to be a deer and my hubby is going to be a hunter!
Here are my questions for my nominees……
- Where is your favorite place to travel?
- What is something on your bucket list?
- What’s your favorite restaurant?
- What is your favorite family memory?
- Do you work out of the house or are you at home?
- What are your holiday traditions?
- Do you having a blogging goal you are looking to reach? If so what is it?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- Are you working on a project? What is it?
- Tea or Coffee?
I just want to thank you for supporting me and reading my blog. It’s great to have something that I call my own. I hope that I encourage you to enjoy your life, home and all of the special people in your lives. Life is short so encourage others, love one another and be full of joy! xoxo