Recently while meal planning I noticed that Flank steak was on sale at my local grocery store so I put it on my grocery list.
I have made stuffed Flank steak before and the whole family enjoyed it. This time I looked around to see how I could use up some of the “extras” I had lying around. You know how that is, you shop, you buy too much and you have to use it before it goes bad. I am notorious for that! I hate wasting food, so while looking around I realized I had some ingredients that would make a great stuffed flank steak.
I won’t lie rolling a flank steak is a lot harder than it looks. Be patient and try to roll it the best that you can. This is a great recipe and it really isn’t that hard to make. Flank steak is so versatile, you can make stuffed flank steak so many different ways
Do you have a go to?
I would love to hear it and give it a try! Get creative! #vthwstuffflanksteak on instagram so I can follow your creations.
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Teaspoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Pound Flank Steak
- 1/4 Cup Roasted Red Peppers
- 1/4 Cup Thinly Sliced Basil
- 2 oz. Fresh Mozzarella
- 1/2 pkg. of Boursin Garlic Herb Cheese
- Italian Dressing
- 1. Preheat oven @ 425 degrees
- 2. Place flank steak in a plastic ziplock bag and cover with Italian Dressing. Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours but no more than 24 hours.
- 1. Thinly Slice the onions and cook on medium heat for 3 mins.
- 2. Turn to low and add soy sauce and sugar. Cook until soft and brown.
- 1. Pound steak as think as you can.
- 2. Mix Caramelized Onions (be sure they are cooled) and all other ingredients EXCEPT the mozzarella cheese in a small bowl.
- 3. Spread the cheese on the steak and lay the mozzarella on top. Roll the steak up as best as possible and lay on a baking sheet.
- 4. Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes then turn on the broiler for 10 minutes to crisp up the top.
- 4. Take out of oven and let set for 5 minutes. Slice into four pieces and serve.
- Be sure to watch the steak when it's under the broiler so it DOESN'T BURN!