Banana Pumpkin Swirl Bread
I just love fall! The leaves are turning beautiful shades of yellow, red and orange. I came up with this recipe one morning because I only had one banana and I wanted to make banana bread. It was fall so it couldn’t hurt to add pumpkin, right? I am so glad I did!
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 stick of butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 banana mashed
1/2 cup of pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
Cinnamon Sugar Center
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 Tbsp half and half (you could use milk or cream)
Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9×5 bread pan.
1. Beat together the butter and sugar until well mixed.
2. Add eggs, banana, pumpkin, vanilla and blend well.
3. Mix all the remaining ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Don’t over mix it the batter will be thick.
5. Spread half of the mixture into the bread pan.
6. Mix the sugar and cinnamon for the the cinnamon sugar center.
7. Pour the sugar and cinnamon into the bread pan covering the batter.
8. Top with the remaining batter
9. Bake in the oven at 350F for 40-50mins. or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. It took me the whole 50min.
10. Take out of oven and let cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 15 min. After 15min take the bread out of the pan and place on the wire rack.
11. While waiting for the bread to cool mix the glaze.
12. Take the glaze and drizzle it onto the bread.